Registered charity No 1004052
The Beck Community Centre, Esthwaite Avenue, Kendal, LA9 7NZ
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
When hiring any room of The Beck Community Centre Association the following conditions must be adhered to:-
- The User Group will, during the period of hire be responsible for the supervision of the premises, outside areas and car park. All damages/breakages must be reported to the Duty Manager (name and telephone number is displayed on the office door) and will be charged for at an appropriate rate.
- The Leader of the User Group will, during the period of hire, be responsible for the supervision and behaviour of all persons attending that Group
- The User Group shall only use the premises for the activity as stated on the booking form.
- The User Group shall not sub-let the premises.
- The User Group MUST NOT leave the Centre open and unattended at any time during the period of hire
- Limited car parking is available in the Centre car park. Cars must be parked in a sensible manner and not cause any obstruction of the highway or any emergency exits. All vehicles are parked at the owner's risk.
- The Centre must be left in a clean and tidy state. The User Group MUST return any tables/chairs etc to their original position as per the floor plan on the folding doors. If the Centre is not considered to have been left in a clean and tidy manner a fee of £10 per hour may be incurred to cover extra care-taking duties.
- Alcohol may only be brought on to the premises with prior agreement of the Beck Management Committee. The Centre does not hold any alcohol or gambling licence, the User Group ARE responsible for obtaining a licence for such events. A copy of any such licence MUST be lodged with Centre before the event.
- The User Group MUST ensure that all fire escapes remain unobstructed throughout the period of hire and hold a fire drill once a term.
- The User Group MUST, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene regulations.
- The User Group MUST ensure that any of its own electrical equipment used on the premises is safe and in good working order, and is subject to the Centre’s annual P.A.T. testing.
- The First Aid box is located in a drawer next to the cooker in the kitchen.
- No animals other than GUIDE DOGS/ASSISTANCE DOGS are allowed on the premises.
- The User Group MUST have third-party insurance and shall indemnify the Beck Management Committee against all actions, proceedings, claims and demands whatsoever, which may arise as a result of this hire agreement.
- In the event of the User Group cancelling a meeting this MUST be entered in the Centre diary to ensure invoices are accurate. Payment is made on a quarterly basis. Invoices MUST be paid within 28 days of receipt.
- If the User Group wishes to cancel its agreement with the Beck Community Centre Association 30days written notice MUST be given to the Treasurer.
- Any deliberate or repeated disregard to these conditions of hire may result in the booking being cancelled by the Beck Management Committee.
- To comply with fire regulations the User Group will ensure that there are not more than 90 people when seated at tables or 180 standing, in the building at any one time.
- The Beck Community Centre Association reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse any booking or to cancel any booking due to any emergency or unforeseen occurrence.
Signed _______________________________ Date________________________________________
Signed on behalf of _____________________ Group
Please return one signed copy of this agreement together with your completed application form.